Friday, March 19, 2010

MacBook as new

Less than 36 hours after submitting my MacBook to my local Apple service center I got a phone call that it was ready to picked up. Apart from a minor adjustment of the left side of the top side plastic it was all like new!

24 hours after picking it up I got an e-mail from the Applecare manager who approved the (out of program) repair, asking if I had any problems or everything was to my satisfaction. Wow!

I wish I had had similar experience from other service incidents when repairing other gadgets. Normally a service will take 7-10 days, most often a couple of more days than initially promised, they don't call you when it is ready for pick up, and so on.

I've been a certified card holding member of the Apple fanboy club before and after this experience I'll absolutely continue to be one.

At the moment my shopping list consists of a second hand intel based Mac Mini, a 16GB iPhone 3GS, a 13.3" MacBook or MacBook pro, and a couple of AppleTVs. A substantial amount of money but I don't plan to buy it all at once. The iPhone is the top priority since I need to replace one of the original iPhones in the family.

I've run some 4.5K runs and a 10K run this week. None of them especially fast I have to admit. I felt very low on energy when I did the 10K run - the clock stopped on 1 hour exactly. I have some serious training to do before I'll reach my target time of 50 minutes. I have a 10K race planned for the 8th May so I still have some time.

Hey, this was my second blog entry this week - a first in veery long time!

No comments: