Friday, August 28, 2009

An update

Ok, what about a short update about everything mobile. Let's start with the quickest one. My Nokia E71 finally received a firmware update, 300.xxx.yyy - thank you for that Nokia, what took you so long? The camera software gave some improved quality which was fine. There were some new applications installed like a Youtube client and some other additions and improvements but no major changes. Overall, nothing that made me change my opinion about what phone to use as my main handset. At the moment the E71 is on the shelf with no SIM card and turned off.

I bought the Nokia N95 for slightly over two years ago and the battery showed very clear signs of being worn out and loosing charge very rapidly even under very slight use. The battery door had also been broken. I found a web shop and bought a 3rd party 900mAh battery and a complete new back side for the N95, now in black instead of the original sand colored. At the moment the N95 is almost looking as new and the black back side is a great improvement. The battery capacity is also as good as new, the original battery being a 950mAh which is 50mAh more than the new battery, but I doubt that I will ever notice the difference. Currently I have my private SIM card in the N95. I've also bought a new wired headset for the N95 with controls for the musicplayer, replacing the original headset shipped with the phone which had been broken.

The iPhone 3G receives a thorough workout every day. Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, texting, Navigon, calender, browsing the web, playing games and listening to music, podcasts, and audio books. So far I haven't even considered changing away from using the iPhone as my primary phone. I'm quite satisfied with it.

No comments: